I hope the following will give you an insight into what I’m studying and where I aim to go with it.
Overall Goal for the next 10 weeks: To be of use the Signposts Project and learn some useful skills on the way
- A solid knowledge of computer networking (in particular protocols at the network and transport layers)
- Familiarly and practical experience with Ocaml and (in particular Lwt and using sockets)
- Experience with Java on Android and the platform
How I hope to achieve a solid knowledge of computer networking ?
- review the material from my computer networking course, mostly by re-reading Kurose, J.F. & Ross, K.W. (2009). Computer networking: a top-down approach. Addison-Wesley (5th ed.), redoing past exam questions / supervision work, doing the Wireshark Lab sheets and working through the hands on material
- Gain a deeper knowledge of particular areas by reading RFC and academic papers, ensuring that I alway take notes so that its easy to refer back to material without re-reading all of the material
- Get update with the latest in online anonymity and security including projects/topics such as Tor, FreedomBox, Privoxy, Hamachi, Tails, Backtrack, SSL, DNSSEC, FireFox addons like NoScript and HTTPS Everywhere etc…
How I hope to achieve familiarly and practical experience of Ocaml
- Working through Unix system programming in ocaml by Xavier Leroy and Didier Rémy
- Keeping upto date with Ocaml project & questions on StackOverflow
- Build Ocaml code